- Started gymnastics at 18 months in a "mommy and me" class.
- After a successful junior career, made her first U.S. senior team in 2010 while training with fellow New Englander Alicia Sacramone.
- Collected a team-best three medals at the 2012 London Olympics as a member of the gold medal-winning "Fierce Five" U.S. squad.
- Performed her gold medal-winning floor exercise in 2012 (a first for Team USA) to "Hava Nagila," in tribute to her Jewish faith.
- Also in London, tied for third in all-around, but lost the medal on a scoring tie-breaker.
- Placed fourth on Dancing With the Stars in season 16, partnered with Mark Ballas.
- Won World Championship team gold medals in 2011 and 2015.
- Big fan of New England sports, particularly the Boston Bruins; honored with a ceremonial puck drop at a 2013 game.
- Won a gold with the women's gymnastics team at the 2016 Olympics in Rio, the first time the women's team won back-to-back golds and her own individual medals, both silvers, in the all-around and on floor.
- Volunteers for the Special Olympics.
- Chloe Raisman — Sister
- Madison Raisman — Sister
- Brett Raisman — Brother
- Lynn Raisman — Mother
- Richard Raisman — Father
- Colton Underwood — Significant Other
- Attends Babson College, Babson Park, Massachusetts, United States
- Birth Name: Alexandra Rose Raisman
- Birth Place: Needham, Massachusetts, United States
- Profession: Gymnast
Trending TonightSee all »
Life imitates art