- Credits his mother and grandmother for inspiring his interest in the culinary arts.
- Is a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Started out as a cinematographer and director of videos and commercials; was the director of photography on the music video for REM's "The One I Love."
- Switched careers when he noticed a dearth of quality cooking shows on TV.
- His first book, I'm Just Here for the Food, won the 2003 James Beard Award.
- His signature show, Good Eats, won him a coveted Peabody Award in 2007 for excellence in broadcast news, education and entertainment.
- Is a licensed pilot.
- DeAnna Brown — Ex-wife
- Zoey Brown — Daughter
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States (1986); New England Culinary Institute, Montpelier, Vermont, United States (1997)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Alton Crawford Brown
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Profession: TV host, Chef, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
We went to Puppy Bowl XIII to speak to the puppies directly about the allegations of certain players illegally eating adult dog food instead of puppy food, the dirtiest fouls to ever stink up the field and so much more