- Credits his mother and grandmother for inspiring his interest in the culinary arts.
- Is a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Started out as a cinematographer and director of videos and commercials; was the director of photography on the music video for REM's "The One I Love."
- Switched careers when he noticed a dearth of quality cooking shows on TV.
- His first book, I'm Just Here for the Food, won the 2003 James Beard Award.
- His signature show, Good Eats, won him a coveted Peabody Award in 2007 for excellence in broadcast news, education and entertainment.
- Is a licensed pilot.
- Zoey Brown — Daughter
- DeAnna Brown — Ex-wife
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States (1986); New England Culinary Institute, Montpelier, Vermont, United States (1997)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Alton Crawford Brown
- Birth Place: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Profession: TV host, Chef, Author
Trending TonightSee all »
Here's how Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz and the rest of the gang said goodbye.