Alton Brown Celebrity
- Credits his mother and grandmother for inspiring his interest in the culinary arts.
- Is a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Started out as a cinematographer and director of videos and commercials; was the director of photography on the music video for REM's "The One I Love."
- Switched careers when he noticed a dearth of quality cooking shows on TV.
- His first book, I'm Just Here for the Food, won the 2003 James Beard Award.
- His signature show, Good Eats, won him a coveted Peabody Award in 2007 for excellence in broadcast news, education and entertainment.
- Is a licensed pilot.
- DeAnna Brown — Wife
- Zoey Brown — Daughter
- University of Georgia, Athens, GA (1986); New England Culinary Institute, Montpelier, VT (1997)