Equal parts seductive, smart and headstrong, Larter started out as a model before getting her big acting break in an unlikely place: Esquire. As the magazine's fake cover girl — a fictional, up-and-coming starlet named Allegra Coleman — Larter gained lots of real attention, even after she was revealed as a hoax. Soon she was booking guest spots on TV shows and in 1999 she made an auspicious film debut as an ambitious, whipped-cream-wearing cheerleader in Varsity Blues. A string of supporting roles followed — she was the brain in the Final Destination series, the ex in Drive Me Crazy and the exercise guru on trial for murder in Legally Blonde. But in 2006, the small screen afforded Larter her best part to date, as a single mother/stripper with a very dark side on the superhero drama Heroes. She continued her tough-girl act when she joined the Resident Evil franchise in 2007 with Resident Evil: Extinction, later reprising her role in 2010's Resident Evil: Afterlife.
- Began modeling at age 13.
- Roomed with fellow actress and best friend Amy Smart before either broke into show business.
- Was on the November 1996 cover of Esquire magazine—not as herself, but as the fictional starlet "Allegra Coleman," billed as the movies' next dream girl. The Coleman persona was created by Esquire to parody the Hollywood publicity machine.
- Had a recurring role on Dawson's Creek, and later appeared opposite its star James Van Der Beek in 1999's Varsity Blues (which also featured Smart).
- Played four different characters on Heroes—Niki Sanders, who has superhuman strength; Niki's alternate personalities Jessica and Gina; and Niki's separated-at-birth sister Jessica Strauss, who has the ability to manipulate and freeze water.
- Danforth Larter — Father
- Margaret Larter — Mother
- Vivienne Margaret MacArthur — Daughter
- Hayes MacArthur — Husband
- Theodore Hayes MacArthur — Son
- Birth Name: Alison Elizabeth Larter
- Birth Place: Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
- Birthday: February 28, 1976, Pisces
- Profession: Actor, Model