- Born to an English mother and Sudanese father.
- Uncle Sadiq Al Mahdi was a two-time Prime Minister of Sudan (in the 1960s and '80s).
- Was bitten by the acting bug as a teenager, when he played Puck in a high-school production of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- Initially aspired to be a director, and has directed plays as well as two episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- Interests include wine collecting, role-playing games, gardening and home projects.
- Django El Tahir El Siddig — Son
- Malcolm McDowell — Uncle
- Nana Visitor — Ex-wife
- Thomas — Brother
- Sadiq Al Mahdi — Uncle
- Attended University College, London, England; attended London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts, London, England
Season 7, Episode 16
- Birth Name: Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig El Abderahman El Mohammed Ahmed El Abdel Karim El Mahdi
- Birth Place: Sudan
- Birthday: November 21, 1965, Scorpio
- Profession: Actor, Director
- User Rating:
- Your Rating: