- Father, Emile Van Sprang, was a member of a popular 1960s rock band called the Stampeders, which was led by Alan's uncle Ronnie King.
- Performed for three seasons with Calgary's Shakespeare in the Park, and five years with Theatre Calgary.
- Has appeared in George Romero's zombie features Land of the Dead (2005), Diary of the Dead (2008) and Survival of the Dead (2009).
- At 39, decided to shave his head in an effort to land "leading, dangerous, bad-guy parts," but his next three roles were that of a priest, a heroic Greek slave and a good-hearted policeman.
- For his role as a Greek slave in 2011's Immortals, he had to undergo a three-week "hardcore boot camp" that included a daily regimen of dieting, cardio workouts, yoga, fight training and gym and weight training.
- Sarah Robichaud — Ex-significant Other
- Logan Joseph Van Sprang — Son
- Emile Van Sprang — Father
- Mount Royal College Conservatory of Music and Speech Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (1992)
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Place: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Birthday: June 19, 1971, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
The Pretty Little Liars star and creator recall their wildest -- and sometimes incredilbly uncomfortable -- encounters with fans