- Made his Broadway debut in 1985, originating the role of Don Carney in Neil Simon's Biloxi Blues, which costarred Matthew Broderick.
- Breakout role was hypochondriacal high-school student Cameron Frye in the 1986 Broderick comedy Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- Before landing a part on Michael J. Fox's hit sitcom Spin City in 1996, he starred in several short-lived, early-'90s TV comedies, including Fox's The Edge, CBS' Daddy's Girls and the WB's Muscle.
- Was nominated in 2005 for the Washington Theatre Awards Society's Helen Hayes Award for outstanding lead actor, nonresident production, for his performance as Leo Bloom in the Tony-winning The Producers.
- Larkin Zouey Ruck — Son
- Emma Ruck — Daughter
- Vesper Vivianne Ruck — Daughter
- Claudia Stefany — Ex-wife
- Sam Ruck — Son
- Mireille Enos — Wife
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, United States (BFA in Acting, 1979)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage