- First play-by-play commentator to cover all four major championships in U.S. sports: NBA, NHL, MLB and NFL.
- Best-known for calling the 1980 Winter Olympic hockey game between the U.S. and the Soviet Union with the final-second exclamation, "Do you believe in miracles? Yes!"
- Has won multiple sports Emmys, and was nominated for a news Emmy for his work during the San Francisco earthquake at the 1989 World Series.
- Was inducted into the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2004.
- After nearly 30 years with ABC, left the network in 2006 for NBC and Sunday Night Football along with broadcast partner John Madden.
- Jay Michaels — Father
- Jennifer Cohn — Daughter
- Steven Michaels — Son
- Linda Anne Stamaton — Wife
- Lila Michaels — Mother
- David Michaels — Brother
- Susan — Sister
- Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ (BA in Broadcasting, 1966)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Charlie RoseUsually ships in 24 hours Buy New: $24.95 (as of 8:15 PM UTC - more info)