Aishwarya Rai Celebrity Watchlist
- Started modeling when she was in the ninth grade.
- At 17, she entered and won the Ford Supermodel Contest; she was featured on the cover of Vogue magazine soon after.
- Was named runner up at the Miss Femina World contest in 1994; won the Miss World pageant that same year in South Africa.
- In 1998, she won India's Screen Best Female Debut award for her role in Iruvar (1997), despite having little acting experience.
- Sat on the jury at the 2003 Cannes Film Festival, the first Indian actress to do so.
- Starred in her first English-language film, Bride & Prejudice, an adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, in 2004.
- Put off accepting the Officer Dan Ordre Des Arts Et Des Lettres, the second highest civilian award in France, until her ill father was able to attend the ceremony.
- The Netherlands honored her by naming a special variety of the tulip after her.
- Is the first Indian woman to have a wax statue at Madame Tussaud's museum in London.
- Krishnaraj Rai — Father
- Aditya Rai — Brother
- Aaradhya Bachchan — Daughter
- Vrinda Rai — Mother
- Abhishek Bachchan — Husband
- Vivek Oberoi — Ex-significant Other
- Salman Khan — Ex-significant Other
- Attended Jai Hind College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood