Adrienne Barbeau Celebrity Watchlist
- First major role came in 1968, when she played Hodel in the original Broadway cast of Fiddler on the Roof.
- Became known to TV audiences in the early '70s as Carol Traynor, the divorced daughter of Bea Arthur's character on the pioneering sitcom Maude.
- Made her big-screen debut in 1980, when she starred in then-husband John Carpenter's The Fog; re-teamed with Carpenter a year later for the director's classic Escape From New York.
- Met her second husband, actor, playwright and producer Billy Van Zandt, in 1991, when she was cast in the West Coast premiere of his play Drop Dead!
- Gave birth to identical twin boys at the age of 51.
- Released a folk album in 1998.
- Penned a 2006 autobiography, There Are Worse Things I Could Do; it was followed in 2008 by her first novel, Vampyres of Hollywood, co-authored by Michael Scott.
- 1972, Tony — Actress, Supporting or Featured (Musical): Nominee
- 1977, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- John Carpenter — Ex-husband
- Walker Steven Van Zandt — Son
- John Cody Carpenter — Son
- Burt Reynolds — Ex-significant Other
- Billy Van Zandt — Husband
- William Dalton Van Zandt — Son
- Attended Foothill College, Los Altos Hills, CA
Next On TVSee all »
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage