He may have started out playing Barry Williams in a TV-movie, but Brody is nothing like Greg Brady in real life. After years of small parts in big movies (American Pie 2, The Ring) and a stint on MTV's cult high-school series Now What?, this nerdy-sexy brunette shot to fame on The O.C. sporting Penguin shirts and an awkward charm. He instantly earned legions of fans—particularly young female ones, such as his O.C. costar Rachel Bilson, who played his love interest both on and off screen for a time. A fan of indie bands, Brody is also a member of one: He's the drummer in Big Japan. A self-declared geek, this avid comic-book reader cowrote the comic-book series Red Menace with Paul DeMeo and Danny Bilson (Rachel Bilson's father). After The O.C. ended in 2007, he shifted his focus to films. Though he lost the lead in the big-screen adaption of Speed Racer to Emile Hirsch, he appeared in the horror comedy Jennifer's Body and the action comedy Cop Out.
- Grew up surfing La Jolla Shores.
- Is a fan of indie music, including Death Cab for Cutie, the Shins, Ben Folds and Bright Eyes.
- Brody's dressing style, as well as his enthusiasm for comic books and certain bands, were written into Seth Cohen, his character on The O.C.
- Cowrote the six-issue comic-book series Red Menace.
- Mark Brody — Father
- Matt Brody — Brother
- Rachel Bilson — Ex-significant Other
- Simon Brody — Brother
- Valerie Brody — Mother
- Leighton Meester — Wife
- Lorene Scafaria — Ex-significant Other
- Attended MiraCosta College, Oceanside, California, United States
- Birth Place: San Diego, California, United States
- Birthday: April 8, 1980, Aries
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life