Adam Beach Fast Facts:
Members of the Native American Saulteaux Tribe, he and his brothers grew up on the Dog Creek Reservation until their parents died when he was 8.
- Made his small-screen debut in the 1990 made-for-TV movie Lost in the Barrens.
- Won the Best Actor award at the American Indian Film Festival for his turn in the 1994 drama Dance Me Outside, a portrait of Native American teens living on a reservation.
- Learned Navajo for his role as Ben Yahzee in John Woo's World War II drama Windtalkers (2002), the story of marines assigned to protect Navajo radiomen.
- Joined the cast of NBC's long-running police drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in 2007, playing Detective Chester Lake. The same year, he appeared in the cable film, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, executive produced by Dick Wolf, who created Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
- After leaving the police drama in 2008, appeared in HBO's Big Love in 2010.
- Is a public speaker who sought office in Lake Manitoba First Nation.
- Adam Beach Relationships:
- Summer - Ex-significant Other
- Tara Mason - Ex-wife
- Luke Beach - Son
- Meredith Porter - Ex-wife
- Noah Beach - Son
- Leah Gibson - Significant Other
- Phoenix Beach - Daughter
- Adam Beach Awards:
- 2008 Golden Globe: Best Performance by an Actor in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television - Nominee