Despite his familiar surname, this Illinois-born actor isn't related to Alec or his brothers. Standing well over 6 feet with a sturdy build, it's no wonder that Baldwin has spent much of his career playing characters in the military or law enforcement. Still in high school when he was plucked from obscurity to star as the title character in the 1980 film My Bodyguard, Baldwin turned out to be more of a supporting player, turning in solid performances in myriad projects, both deep (a gung-ho soldier in Full Metal Jacket) and shallow (a stoic soldier in Independence Day). By the 2000s most of his big-screen appearances were in D-grade flicks, so the actor turned to TV and became a cult favorite with recurring roles on The X Files and Angel, plus a beguiling portrayal of an interstellar mercenary on the short-lived but beloved Firefly and in its movie spin-off, Serenity. These projects paved the way for a turn in the well-received spy dramedy Chuck as curmudgeonly superagent Maj. John Casey. Baldwin effectively showcased his action chops, cool brood and flair for sly, subtle comedy while essaying the Casey role into the 2010s.
- Discovered while attending high school, making an auspicious film debut in 1980's My Bodyguard.
- Good friends with Jamie Lee Curtis, and appeared in Molly & Roni's Dance Party as a favor to her.
- Not, as sometimes thought, related to the acting Baldwin brothers Alec, Daniel, William and Stephen.
- Cast in more than 60 movies in his decades-long career.
- Contributed articles to the Web sites Big Hollywood and the Huffington Post.
- Participated in the charity Ride 2 Recovery, a cycling rehabilitation program for wounded soldiers.
- Devlin Shepard Baldwin — Son
- Ami Julius — Wife
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Profession: Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
TVGuide.com editors break down theories about what's coming up on The Walking Dead