- Mentored by Run-DMC's Jam Master Jay, who shepherded him to a recording contract with Columbia Records after hearing one of his raps on an underground mix tape.
- Was shot nine times in 2000 while sitting in his car in front of his grandmother's house—and drove himself to the hospital.
- Debut album Get Rich or Die Trying sold six million copies and set a record as the top-selling debut of all time.
- Cofounded the G-Unit Clothing Company with Marc Ecko in 2003; continued the line on his own after the partnership dissolved in 2008.
- Broke into the movie business in 2005 by starring in the semiautobiographical film Get Rich or Die Trying.
- Was recognized as a top rap artist of the 2000-09 decade by Billboard magazine.
- 2009, Grammy — Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: Winner
- Davian — Son
- Sire Jackson — Daughter
- Shaniqua Tompkins — Ex-significant Other
- Daphne Joy — Ex-significant Other
- Marquise Jackson — Son
- Sabrina Jackson — Mother
- Beulah Jackson — Grandmother
Next On TVSee all »
- Birth Name: Curtis James Jackson III
- Birth Place: Queens, New York, United States
- Profession: Rap artist, Actor
Trending TonightSee all »
Empire and more!