Kelli McCarty, Faithless
As Passions' Beth, Kelli McCarty pretty much experienced it all — a love triangle with an orangutan, dressing up as a clown, and getting wooed by her own father. Still, McCarty has found new territory to explore, as the star of her first-ever adult film, Vivid's Faithless.
"Doing an adult film was never in the back of my head," McCarty says of her unexpected professional segue. "I just sat on the idea [and] approached Vivid, and they said, 'Yeah, let's make a movie.'"
Chief among McCarty's concerns as an actress was wanting to "combine the acting and the sex ... and to have a storyline that I liked." McCarty also secured a say in her on-screen partners.
All told, she says, "I'm happy with the product."
Also in this candid sit-down:
• To kick things off, McCarty reflects on her wild Passions storylines, and reveals who was better behaved on the set — leading man Galen Gering (Luis) or BamBam the orangutan.
• McCarty tells us what surprised her about the production of a porno. (Suffice to say, it's nothing she ever had to deal with on a soap opera.)
• McCarty details Vivid's policies to keep performers healthy and disease-free.
• How might this racy foray impact McCarty's holding of a Miss USA crown?
• How Kelli thinks Faithless will play in her hometown of Liberal, Kan.
If only because of the inherently adult theme of this conversation, viewer discretion is advised.