No oops needed. Because Glee did it again.
Just when it was getting easier than Santana to write off the show as all cracked eggs and no omelet, they went and knocked it out of the lip-synching park with their Britney Spears episode. Granted, there was about as much plot as there was in Crossroads, and most of the hour was randomly strung-together fantasies sprung from the nitrous tank of John Stamos' dentist character, but when the fun (and quotability) is at a level this high, we'll let it pass. This time.
However, a few nits:
- Is Britney Spears really relevant to high schoolers these days?
- Was Kurt wearing a skirt? And if so, should would call it a skurt?
- Mr. Schu was right. A teacher performing "Toxic" with his students is inappropriate and weird.
- Emma didn't dump Will because he was boring. She dumped him for hooking up with Shelby.
- Most things are better without Teri.
- What the hell took Ryan Murphy this long to give Heather Morris some damn attention?
- How much longer do we have to wait for Quinn to get some damn attention?
Yeah, this was wildly entertaining and wickedly funny, while also being kind of stingy with the storytelling. But there were a few stories set up last night, so we hope the writers will keep it up and actually let them play out. If not, well, there's always the hope that Brittany S. Pearce will at least get that Ke$ha solo sometime soon.
What did you think of "Britney/Brittany"?
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!