Adam Levine, CeeLo Green, Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera
"Reunited and it feels so good." That's how NBC has been touting the return of original Voice coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green, who reclaim their red chairs this fall after stepping down for Season 4. But after their replacements Usher and Shakira received such warm receptions from audiences, as well as original coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, would it be so easy for X-Tina and Cee Lo to get back in the game? Does the reunion really feel so good? And how will this season be affected by their spring hiatuses? After getting an early look at the Season 5 premiere, TVGuide.com offers five teases for Season 5:
1. Some Things Never Change Christina's hair may be shorter and Cee Lo may be without a furry, or feathered, friend this season — KIT Purrfect! — but there are many times during the Season 5 premiere when it's easy to forget that the two ever left. The chemistry between the four coaches is just as strong as ever and all four music superstars get back into their old rhythm effortlessly — best evidenced by yet another killer performance to kick off Season 5.
New season, new sexy stars. See our fall TV crushes!
2. Using Their Time Wisely Although some thing never change, it's safe to say Christina and Cee Lo have come back refreshed and re-energized after their time away. Both coaches make some crucial headway in the first episode as far as contestants go, and Christina especially brings her A-game when it comes time to fight for the singers she wants on her team. Look for the blonde bombshell to employ some new and unusual strategies to get what she wants.
3. A New Rivalry? In years past, much of the air in the room was occupied by the hilarious love-hate relationship between Christina and Adam. But aside from the occasional butt slap — X-Tina is as feisty as ever! — it's Blake that gets a majority of the heat this time around after his three back-to-back wins. Not only does Christina whip out a killer Blake impression during a particularly heated fight for a singer, but Adam is surprisingly hard on his (former?) BFF. But don't call time of death on their storied bromance just yet.
Vampire Diaries! S.H.I.E.L.D.! Grimm! See our favorite "super" shows
4. Feeling the Love Things may be chilly between Adam and Blake, but the contestants bring a lot of heat in just the first episode alone. One talented singer actually admits he may not join Team Adam because he's worried he'll be too distracted by the Maroon 5 singer's good looks. And another performance is so good — it makes Blake declare that he has a man crush for the singer in question. Are the feelings mutual? Should Miranda be worried? You'll have to wait to find out!
5. Surprise cameos! Even five seasons in, The Voice has still a few tricks up its sleeve. The season premiere teases the audition of someone close to of one of TV's biggest stars in a future episode. And did we mention Cher will be assisting Team Blake this season?!
Watch a sneak peek at the new season of The Voice here:
The Voice premieres Monday at 8/7c on NBC. Are you excited for the original coaches to return?