Keck's Exclusives: Vampire Diaries New-Season Secrets
I chatted up The Vampire Diaries exec producer Julie Plec and her bloodsucking CW cast at Comic-Con. Among the bombs dropped:
- Early in the season, newly-turned vampire Elena (Nina Dobrev) will have what Plec calls her "first hot vampire sex" with either Damon, Stefan, Klaus, Matt or Elijah. A possible clue as to who the lucky guy is? "Elena saved Matt's life, so he's going to end up paying it forward in a very peculiar way." Dobrev's reaction to the action: "It's like she's going through puberty and vampire sex is going to feel like her first time."
- Stefan (Paul Wesley) will be driving a new motorcycle to show off his rebellious side. "I ride motorcycles in my daily life, so I'm excited to burn some rubber," says Wesley, who'd been campaigning for these wheels. "I ride a Triumph but I'm hoping Stefan gets something vintage."
- Damon (Ian Somerhalder) will find a new daytime drinking buddy in Tyler (Michael Trevino). "I think Tyler is up to the challenge of picking up at the bar where Alaric left off," says Trevino. Adds Somerhalder: "Enemies will become allies."
- The fourth episode flashes back 900 years to shed further light on Rebekah (Claire Holt), who's looking for a new place to live. "The Salvatore house is huge," suggests Somerhalder. "And so is Damon's bed!"
- Expect a "big, spontaneous, explosion of joy with some kissing" the first time Caroline (Candice Accola) lays eyes on Tyler, who she thought died. "Shirts are flying off in our first episode back," teases Trevino.
- Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) will possibly find love with new character April (Grace Phipps, who arrives in Episode 2), a pastor's daughter who returns from boarding school under tragic circumstances and reconnects with her childhood friend. "It will be interesting to see where they go with that," says McQueen. "But he and Bonnie still have some unfinished business."
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!