The newly christened Kate Plus Eight will not launch Nov. 2 as planned, but the show has not been canceled, a show rep told TVGuide.com.
News: TLC introduce Kate Plus Eight
"Jon & Kate Plus 8
, the old incarnation, is over, as was announced a month ago. The show is not done. There is still every intention of the new incarnation to happen," Laurie Goldberg said. "It won't start Nov. 2, but we hope to do Kate Plus Eight
— whether it becomes a full series or a series of specials."
The show will be delayed because production was suspended last month after Jon Gosselin
requested that the network stop filming his children. He said it was harmful to them and that they didn't want to be on camera. Kate Gosselin
, however, claims the children are "angry
" production has been halted.
News: TLC suspends Kate Plus Eight after Jon Gosselin issues cease-and-desist order
TLC is waiting for the couple to resolve their differences before resuming production.
"If this works out, we will film the kids again," Goldberg said. "No matter what, we're doing a show with Kate."