Shawn Johnson Fan Pleads Not Guilty to Stalking
A man who was arrested as he tried to enter the Dancing with the Stars studio Tuesday pleaded not guilty to one felony count of stalking and to two misdemeanor counts of carrying a loaded firearm in a vehicle, a rep for Los Angeles Superior Court told TVGuide.com.
On Wednesday, Shawn Johnson was granted a temporary restraining order against the man, Robert O'Ryan, who had vowed to be with her "no matter what," according to her family's petition. The Olympic gymnast, 17, said she feared for her life after O'Ryan, 34, jumped the studio fence.
Johnson's petition also said that police found "a loaded .45 handgun, a loaded shotgun, and materials classically used for kidnapping including duct tape, zip ties [and] a map" in O'Ryan's car, which he drove from his home in Florida to Los Angeles.
O'Ryan is being held on $220,000 bail, which was previously set at $35,000. His next scheduled court date is April 27. Public defender Dwight Corum represented him during Thursday's court appearance, according to the AP.