America's Got Talent
Some recent ratings highlights:
• America's Got Talent on Tuesday tallied an audience of 11.3 million total viewers — a drop of 12 percent from its previous premiere, but still the night's most watched program. Its second outing dipped 8 percent, to 10.39 mil.
• ABC's The Superstars opened to a not-entirely-super 4.34 mil on Tuesday. In turn, the (thankfully) already-renewed Better Off Ted only managed 1.87 mil.
Take a quiz on reality competition shows
• On Wednesday, ABC's Wipeout scored 7.7 mil, topping So You Think You Can Dance in the 8 o'clock hour. All told, Fox's Dance averaged 7.5 mil over its two-hour run, down 880K week-to-week.
• I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here! at long last signed off, before a crowd of 4.4 mil. That's a 31 percent plunge from its season premiere.
Read about the I'm a Celebrity champion
• NBC's The Philanthropist premiered to 7.4 mil, besting both a CSI: NY repeat and ABC's special on President Obama's health care plan (4.7 mil).
• Late Show with David Letterman last week topped The Tonight Show in viewers (averaging 3.46 mil vs. 3.32 mil). That's the first time that has happened for a full week of original broadcasts since December 2005.
Crave scoop on your favorite TV shows, from this summer or the upcoming fall season? E-mail senior editors Matt, Mickey and Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow TV Guide on Twitter.