Pretty Little Liars’ 10 Most Ridiculous Moments of All Time
Pretty Little Liars
Pretty Little Liars' fourth season is already off to a crazy start, but we wouldn't expect anything less after three seasons of nonstop WTF-ery. The ABC Family drama has so many twists, turns and shark-jumps that it's easy to forget some of its biggest jaw-droppers.
Let's take an absurd trip down memory lane and look back on the 10 most ridiculous PLL moments of all time.
1. The stalker shed (Season 2, Episode 9): After some uncouth snooping, Spencer (Troian Bellisario) and Emily (Shay Mitchell) discover Jason (Drew Van Acker) is using his shed as a dark room to develop dozens of photos of Aria sleeping. Jason doesn't help shake suspicion when he immediately finds Aria and kisses her. Of course, Jason claims he isn't the creepiest suitor in the world and that the photos were taken by Alison (Sasha Pieterse). He simply wanted to give Aria a framed copy of one of the stalker shots — just what she's always wanted!
Photos: TV's worst-dressed characters
2. Worm food (Season 2, Episode 16): After a rough night, the liars gather at Spencer's and order delivery. Unfortunately, instead of dumplings, the takeout containers are bursting with live worms! "This is what live bait looks like. Now we're even, bitches," "A" warns. Though this might not have taken as much time as her Alpha-bits prank, how the hell did "A" get the hook up at a Chinese restaurant?
3. Bye, bye brother (Season 2, Episode 22): Aria's emo, thieving, boyfriend-punching brother finally hits puberty in Season 2 when Aria spots him shaving. Too bad he didn't stick around long enough to celebrate. Mike hasn't been seen since! Aria's bro is mentioned every now and then in passing, but why is no one concerned that he doesn't seem to be in school anymore or at his sister's side after she is nearly charged for murder/survives multiple life-threatening situations? However, Mike will make his triumphant return next week, if anyone even still cares.
4. Bitch can see (Season 3, Episode 2): After Jenna's (Tammin Sursok) blindness-curing surgery supposedly fails, she wanders around the school purposely bumping into people and being generally suspicious. Sensing something's amiss, the girls bait Jenna into exposing her newfound sight while they hide in their official conference room, aka the girls' bathroom. Aria's (Lucy Hale) reaction gone on to become one of PLL's crowning achievements.
Pretty Little Liars: A's worst acts
5. Snake attack (Season 3, Episode 11): It looks like somebody took a cue from Voldemort's book. While helping out at CeCe's (Vanessa Ray) trunk show, "A" traps Spencer in a fitting room with Nagini a snake, who has an apparent taste for human blood. Spence screams bloody murder (though she should have tried Parsel Tongue) until CeCe comes in and beats the creature with a mannequin leg.
6. Ghosts, y'all! (Season 3, Episode 13): Hanna's mom Ashley (Laura Leighton) has a history of The Worst Subplots in PLL History, but this one takes the cake (yes, it even beats that time she stole money and thought a lasagna box was the safest hiding spot).
On Halloween, a little girl shows up looking for her mom and babbling about fighting with her sister, so Ashley does the responsible thing and leaves her alone in a random room for a while. Then, the girl is nowhere to be found because — gasp! — she's a ghost! That makes sense, right? Because even though PLL is definitely not a supernatural show, anything goes on Halloween, we guess...
7. Meredith Misery's Aria (Season 3, Episode 16): When Aria comes down with something, Byron's (Chad Lowe) former mistress Meredith (Amanda Schull) offers her special miracle cure tea. After Ali visits Aria to warn her (in a drug-induced dream?), Aria pours out the tea and realizes that she's locked in her room. Aria makes a knife out of a mirror and attempts to escape, but Meredith knocks her unconscious. When the other liars show up to help, Meredith locks them in the basement where she's stashed Aria's body. Then, before you understand what the hell is going on, Byron comes home, everything is suddenly hunky-dory and Meredith disappears forever, never to be mentioned again. Just another day in Rosewood, right?
The 5 stages of Pretty Little Liars grief
8. High flyer (Season 3, Episode 24): PLL took a cue from Law & Order with this ripped-from-the-headlines twist. Inspired by the Barefoot Bandit, Red Coat flies a plane out to the cabin where she attempts to make liars flambé. We know Ali took flying lessons — as all teenagers do nowadays — and was somehow spotted saving the girls from their fiery doom, so does this mean she's alive? Either way, where was that teen pilot coming from? And why couldn't they just drive?
9. Cannibal bird (Season 4, Episode 2): This isn't just any bird — this bird sang a phone number! And instead of opening the cage and letting the bird fly free, "A" punishes Tippi and tries to feed her one of its poor feathered friends. Didn't "A" learn anything from The Beautician and the Beast?!
10. Everything they wear (Every season, every episode): The fashion on PLL is somehow more absurd than the plots. There have a been a few standouts over the seasons, though. The feather, Chola Aria and, of course, Toby's do-rag! Because that's how everyone rolls in juvie.
What's your favorite ridiculous moment?
Pretty Little Liars airs Tuesdays at 8/7c on ABC Family.