Will Forte's Hygiene, Simon's Surprising Heart: Seven Funny Quotes Heard at Fox's Fall TV Preview
Paula Abdul, Will Forte
What do you get when you put Paula Abdul, Zooey Deschanel and Will Forte together? A little bit of chivalry (Forte loaned Deschanel his jacket), some Simon talk (OK, more than some talk about Abdul's love-hate-love relationship with Cowell) and lots of laughs at Monday's Paley Center fall TV preview, which was moderated by TV Guide Magazine Editor-in-Chief Debra Birnbaum. Check out the seven best quotes (most not to be taken seriously) from the panel:
7. Allen Gregory voice actor Will Forte, on why he decided to do an animated series: "I do not have to shower. I can get away with not brushing my teeth, but I usually do."
6. Paula Abdul on how Simon Cowell has changed since leaving American Idol: "He actually starts caring about the contestants. It's weird."
5. New Girl star Zooey Deschanel on whether her character will ever date her roommates: "All of them. At once." Adds executive producer Liz Meriwether, "This show gets really dark, like The Accused."
4. Terra Nova executive producer Brannon Braga on balancing the show's dramatic and comedic elements: "You always need a big laugh when someone's decapitated."
3. I Hate My Teenage Daughter star Kevin Rahm on his transition from Desperate Housewives to desperate moms: "I play both the daughters. [It's] a lot of really good make-up. It was either this or Work It," referring to ABC's midseason cross-dressing comedy.
2. Terra Nova executive producer Rene Echevarria on the show's hype: "We had a unique way to create buzz. We constantly delayed production."
1. Abdul on whether she missed Cowell: "Not anymore."
New Girl premieres on Tuesday, Sept. 20 at 9/8c. The X Factor debuts on Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c. Terra Nova comes to life on Monday, Sept. 26 at 8/7c. Allen Gregory starts on Sunday, Oct. 30 at 8:30/7:30c. I Hate My Teenage Daughter launches on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at 9:30/8:30c on Fox.