6 Things to Expect From Oprah's Final Episodes
Fans won't have to say goodbye to The Oprah Winfrey Show until next week's May 25 finale, but it was the beginning of the end for Lady O on Tuesday as she taped her final two episodes before the series ender. News outlets including The Hollywood Reporter and Entertainment Weekly were on hand to witness the festivities, the celebrity guests and maybe even walk away with a few of the TV host's Favorite Things. We've compiled the six biggest spoilers from the Internet so, in case you need one more reminder, spoiler alert!
1. "The biggest stars on the planet": Shortly before the show started, a narrator promised help from "some of the biggest stars on the planet," and Oprah delivered. With more star power than most awards shows, the guest list included Tom Cruise, Halle Berry, Rosie O'Donnell, Wanda Sykes, Katie Holmes, Tyler Perry, Diane Sawyer, Maya Angelou, Dave Chappelle, Queen Latifah, Jay-Z, Dakota Fanning (a self-proclaimed "Oprah baby") and a surprise visit from Madonna.
Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith to appear on Oprah finale
2. Lots of dancing: Oprah and audience members reportedly shook their groove things throughout the taping thanks to the wealth of musical performances, which included Beyonce, Josh Groban, Will.i.am, Patti LaBelle, America's Got Talent runner-up Jackie Evancho.
3. Your host for the evening: Tom Hanks was put to work throughout the taping for the May 23rd episode, acting as a host/emcee. He presented a montage of Oprah's greatest moments and pushed the entire audience to spell out Oprah in the middle of the taping.
Oprah's grand finale
4. Love in the air: A man proposed to his girlfriend right in the middle of the stage and — thankfully — she said yes. Someday, this is going to make a great engagement story and must-see viewing for their grandkids.
5. Lots of free stuff: It was almost a given that Oprah's guests were going to walk away with some goodies, but word is Oprah did another segment of her Favorite Things. All attendees also had a box of tissues placed under their seats for, you know, allergies.
6. Lucky No. 25: In honor of her 25th anniversary, Oprah announced that 25 new school libraries will be built around the country and 25,000 trees will be planted.