Jane Lynch Tracking Suit
Ready to start holiday shopping for your TV-obsessed loved ones? Check out the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation's first annual holiday online auction, which opens for bidding on Tuesday, November 8. (www.ebay.com/emmysfoundation) The auction — benefiting the foundation's educational and archival programs — features props, memorabilia, and experiences that any TV fan will enjoy.
While this is the foundation's first holiday auction, they have hosted pre-Emmy Awards sales for the past four years. "One year we had a cane from House that sold for a little under $9,000," says program manager Debbie Slavkin. "And it had only been used in one episode. Last year, we had a fedora signed by Matt Bomer from White Collar, and that went for a little over $4,000.
Her pick for this auction's most popular item? "The tracksuit signed by Jane Lynch. Glee is just such a breakout hit show, and that suit is such an iconic vision of Jane as Sue Sylvester. You look at it, and you know exactly what it is. And those types of iconic items usually do the best in the auctions because it's not just a regular prop."
Here's the full list of items up for bid:
- Signed Jane Lynch track suit from Glee
- A meet-and-greet with the cast of Community and a cast photo
- A signed script from The Simpsons
- Tickets to True Blood's 2012 season premiere
- Tickets to So You Think You Can Dance and a meet-and-greet with the show's host, Cat Deeley
- A set visit to iCarly and an autographed script
- Tickets to the season finale of Dancing with the Stars and a gift bag
- A set visit to Entertainment Tonight
- An autographed lab coat from CSI: NY
- A Star of David charm worn by Cote de Pablo (Ziva) on NCIS
- A poster from the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards
- A set visit to The Young and the Restless hosted by Kate Linder
- A signed, oversized tennis ball from House
- Dinner for four in Hell's Kitchen
- Haircut and style from Ted Gibson of What Not to Wear
- Nickelodeon gift basket
- Two VIP tickets to The Colbert Report
- A set visit to Franklin and Bash
- VIP tickets to The Wendy Williams Show
- Tickets to the College Television Awards
- A framed TV Guide Magazine signed by Piper Perabo (Covert Affairs) and Matt Bomer (White Collar)
And if you end up in a bidding war for one of the set visits, don't give up hope if you're edged out at the last minute. "In the past, if the pricing is high enough and the bidding was competitive enough, we have approached the second place bidder and if they can match the first place price, then they also get to go on the set visit," Slavkin says. "It happened once for a Family Guy table read, and for Kate Linder's set visits." So happy bidding!
The online auction, conducted through eBay's charitable arm, Giving Works, launches Tuesday, November 8, at 4 pm PST, and ends Friday, November 18.
(Written by Sydney Bucksbaum)
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!