Keck's Exclusives: Modern Family Producers Pick Their Favorite Episodes
Congratulations to Modern Family, which earned several SAG and Golden Globe nominations for its fourth season. I asked executive producers Christopher Lloyd and Steven Levitan to select their favorite Pritchett/Dunphy moments of 2012.
- Mitchell and Cameron learning in last season's finale that they wouldn't be adopting another baby, just as Gloria found out she was preggers.
- Phil discovering that Haley wasn't a virgin and working out his angst at a doll store.
- Mitchell and Cam auditioning prospective surrogate mothers.
- Haley's weepy college departure.
- Claire trying to scare Phil at his Halloween open house.
Among the laughs coming next year: Gloria gives birth early in 2013, then hosts a christening attended by her mom and sister. Claire attends a college reunion and reconnects with an old professor (The Colbys' Maxwell Caulfield), and Haley dates a new guy (The League's Jason Mantzoukas) who is close to her parents' age. "Phil and Claire will not have the calmest reaction," Lloyd promises.
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!