What Does Mad Men's Season 4 Cast Photo Reveal?
Another week, another Mad Men photo for us to overanalyze.
After releasing a promo poster last week featuring Don Draper (Jon Hamm) in an empty office, AMC has unveiled the Season 4 cast photo that may offer some insight into the new season. (Click here to see a larger version of the photo.)
What does the new Mad Men poster tell us?
Here's what we're thinking:
1. First and foremost, Aaron Staton (Ken Cosgrove) is in it. At the end of the third season, Don, Roger Sterling (John Slattery), Bert Cooper (Robert Morse) and Lane Pryce (Jared Harris) defected from Sterling Cooper to form Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. They brought along Peggy (Elisabeth Moss), Joan (Christina Hendricks), Pete (Vincent Kartheiser) and Harry (Rich Sommer) — but not Ken or Paul Kinsey (Michael Gladis). So what is Ken doing there? Is he going to find a way into SCDP (imagine archrival Pete's reaction)? And if he's there, where's Paul?
2. Speaking of absences, it looks like we really won't be seeing Sal (Bryan Batt) again any time soon. The fired, closeted art director was last seen calling his wife from a phone booth in a park. Batt, who was a regular last season, has said creator Matthew Weiner doesn't kill characters. So will Sal ever re-emerge?
Check out photos from Mad Men
3. The body-language expert in us surmise that things are still testy between exes Don and Betty (January Jones), given their cold shoulder-to-shoulder stance facing away from each other.
4. Betty is rocking quite the rock on her left ring finger. Is it regular ol' jewelry or has she married Henry Francis (Christopher Stanley)?
Catch up with our Mad Men recaps
5. On the flip side — though his hand is partially obscured by his leg — Pete's left ring finger appears to be bare. Is it over between him and Trudy (Alison Brie)? Ex-lover Peggy is standing awfully close to him.
Season 4 of Mad Men premieres Sunday, July 25 at 10/9c.
What do you make of the cast photo?