Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan is out of Inferno.

The 24-year-old actress, who is in rehab at the Betty Ford Center, has been dropped from the Linda Lovelace biopic in which she was set to star, according to E! News.

Lohan to play porn star in new film, producer says

"We are withdrawing our offer from Lindsay Lohan," Inferno director Matthew Wilder said. "We are currently in negotiations [with another actress] and working out the legalities of bringing her onboard."

Malin Akerman will replace Lohan in film, reports TheWrap. The actress is best known for her roles in comedies including The Heartbreak Kid, 27 Dresses, The Proposal and Couples Retreat.

News arrives after Lohan failed a court-ordered drug test in September and was subsequently ordered to stay at the Betty Ford rehab facility until Jan. 3. She acknowledged she had a problem on her Twitter account shortly after.

"We have stuck by Lindsay very patiently for a long time with a lot of love and support," Wilder said. "Ultimately, the impossibility of insuring her — and some other issues — have made it impossible for us to go forward."

Lohan had been on probation since August 2007, when she pleaded guilty to drug charges and no contest to reckless driving charges. In May, Lohan was ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring bracelet after missing a mandatory court hearing while promoting the Lovelace film in Cannes.

Dina Lohan: Lindsay is a "different person" in Betty Ford Rehab Facility

"Lindsay is dedicated to her recovery and together they decided to move forward without her," Lohan's rep told E!. 

An announcement of who will replace Lohan in the leading role is expected early next week. Anna Faris had previously been linked to Inferno before Lohan got the role.