Jon Gosselin: Kate Made Unauthorized Withdrawals
Jon Gosselin and Kate Gosselin
Jon Gosselin has filed court papers saying Kate made unauthorized withdrawals from their joint bank account and ought to be held in contempt, The Insider reports.
Jon Gosselin, whom Kate has accused of draining their account of $230,000, claims his estranged wife withdrew more than $60,000 from one account between July 15 and Sept. 15 without showing proper documentation, which violates a court arbitrator's rules. He says she also withdrew $9,800 from a second account in July and $1 million between February 2008 and June 2009 for which has not been properly accounted.
Kate Gosselin asks for child and spousal support from Jon
Gosselin, who has claimed to have only withdrawn $22,000, says he has bank statements that show his wife took out $100,000 from their account.
"Jon seeks to hold Kate responsible for what he believes to be her contemptuous conduct," said his lawyer, Mark Jay Heller. He added that his 32-year-old client went public with the court papers because Kate Gosselin's attorney, Mark Momjian "continues to aggressively disparage Jon" in the media.
Jon Gosselin: I only withdrew $22,000
Gosselin also says in the papers that his wife has not deposited the court-ordered $7,500 per month into the account. However, in an interview with The Insider last week, he said each party had been depositing the amount.
Reiterating his claims that the 34-year-old Kate is hiding money, Gosselin said she controls more than $1 million, which could be used to repay the marital estate.
Cool heads prevail at Gosselin birthday party
Gosselin is asking the court to hold Kate Gosselin in contempt of violating the arbitration awards; require her to reimburse the $7,500 per month for each month she failed to pay; and require her to provide a full accounting of money she spent in the last 60 days.
Calls to Heller and Momjian were not immediately returned.