John Stamos says he doesn't want to replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men.
"I don't want to replace anyone, especially Charlie Sheen," the 47-year-old actor told Ryan Seacrest Friday on his KIIS-FM morning radio show. "It's just not where my head is at."
Larry King on Charlie Sheen: "I'm glad I'm not on the air"
After production on the CBS series was halted for the remainder of the season, reports surfaced that Stamos had been approached to possibly replace Sheen, but the actor says it's not true. "Nobody has officially talked to me and, quite frankly, as flattering as it is...it's really not part of my career plan right now."
"I'm caught in this crossfire," Stamos continued. "I'm very flattered that people think that I would be able to replace him."
Sheen, on the other hand, did not think Stamos was right to replace him. Upon hearing the buzz, Sheen told Access Hollywood last week, "I like John, but he don't have what I have and the show sucks if he's on it. Sorry!"
Charlie Sheen sues Warner Bros., Chuck Lorre for $100 million
Stamos, however, would love to see Sheen back on Men. "Charlie is great on that show and people love Charlie on that show and people love the way the show is," he said. "So, in the big scheme of things, apparently there's a lawsuit going on, I don't know, but I hope it works out and I hope he goes back and people get the show that they love."
Sheen filed a $100 million lawsuit against Warner Bros. and Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre on Thursday. The actor also announced a live tour kicking off April 2 in Detroit.