Jeff Zucker Signs Contract With NBC Universal
Following General Electric's $37.5 billion merger agreement with Comcast last week, NBC Universal president and CEO Jeff Zucker has signed a deal to stay with the company through 2013, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Comcast, NBC unveil $30 billion merger
With the Comcast deal expected to take up to 18 months, Zucker's new contract would allow Zucker, who has run the company since 2007, to head up the new NBC Uni for at least a year and a half.
Last week, Comcast and GE announced a merger where Comcast would own 51 percent of the entity, while GE will retain the remaining 49 percent.
Zucker will report to Comcast COO Steve Burke.