Hannah Montana Series Finale: Hugs and Warm Fuzzies for Everyone (Even Rico!)
After four years of hijinks, squabbles and crazy wigs, Hannah Montana sang its swan song with a — we'll say it, teary ! — hour-long series finale Sunday.
The episode focused on the longstanding friendship between Miley (Miley Cyrus) and Lilly (Emily Osment), who have made plans to attend Stanford together. Unfortunately, just before orientation, Miley is offered a role in a Steven Spielberg blockbuster opposite Tom Cruise and shooting in Paris. What's a famous-yet-loyal friend to do?
Video: Emily Osment is excited to move on from Hannah Montana
In the end, both Miley and Lilly make the right choices for each of them, but not without exchanging some tearful words and big hugs -- a smart move considering that the girls' friendship was the heart of the show.
Jackson (Jason Earles) also had a parallel friendship story when his nemesis and frequent antagonist Rico (Moises Arias) realizes that Jackson is the closest thing to a friend he has. Rico comes through with Jackson's dream job -- a video game tester — good for earning enough money to reciprocate his girlfriend Siena's (Tammin Sursok) pricey gifts.
Watch full episodes of Hannah Montana
Also joining in for a final farewell were dad Robbie (Billy Ray Cyrus), Lilly's soulmate Oliver (Mitchel Musso), Miley's boyfriend Jesse (Drew Roy) and mean girls Ashley and Amber (Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, Shanica Knowles).
Warm fuzzies aside, it wouldn't be a Hannah Montana episode without a little, or really, a lot of wackiness. Here are 10 of the silliest moments from "Wherever I Go":
Catch up on today's news
1. Miley makes fun of herself: When her dad doubts Miley's intentions, she replies, "'Cause I'm lying through my crooked yet uniquely charming teeth."
2. Miley makes fun of her dad: "You know, the closer I get to 18, the more useless you become," Miley tells him after he tells her to make her own decision about the movie.
3. Jackson gets squeezed by a python: Physical humor with snakes. What's not to love?
4. Miley's atrocious French: While trying to annoy Lilly into deciding that going to college together would be more trouble than it's worth, Miley begins her French 101 lessons loudly -- and poorly pronounced-- in the car on the way to Stanford.
5. Siena insults Rico: She reveals her less-than-sweet side when she repeats Jackson's opinion of Rico. Specifically, that he's "a pustule sore on the devil's hairy butt."
6. Miley translates Lilly-speak: Who knew that "Pfft!" had so much meaning?
7. Robbie's plane etiquette, revealed: He's into eating musical fruits so he can "toot" around rich people who blame it on each other.
8. Oliver 1-ups Jesse: When Jesse gives Miley a mixtape farewell gift, Oliver scrounges around his pockets to present Lilly ... some used lip balm. He saves himself, however, by telling her, "It has my kisses all over it."
9. Luggage privacy screen: Each time that Miley and Lilly kiss their respective boyfriends at the airport, a huge cart stacked with luggage conveniently rolls on screen to block the view. Oh, Disney Channel!
10. Jackson and Rico's non-hug hug: After the guys acknowledged their bromance, they make the most awkward attempt at a hug ever, followed by a much more sincere exchange of insults. Oh, boys!
How did you like the finale? Was it satisfying? Will you miss the show?