David Giuntoli's 5 Tips for Playing a Grimm Zombie
Zombies aren't just for Halloween!
On Friday's all-new Grimm (9/8c, NBC), Nick (David Giuntoli) continues wreaking havoc as a zombie that was created by Baron Samedi's weird puffer fish Wesen spit. When last we saw him, the Grimm was kicking butt at a local bar not far from where the plane carrying him and the Baron (Reg E. Cathey) crashed.
VIDEO: Check out Grimm star Claire Coffee's Watchlist!
Want to get in on the fun? Maybe you don't have a Baron Samedi around to spit a neurotoxin in your face, but you can still play zombie. Check out Giuntoli's five tips for playing a Grimm zombie:
1. Get tongue-tied: "There's grunting," Giuntoli tells TVGuide.com. "They found the winning formula, which is to give me no dialogue."
2. Be afraid, be very afraid: "Fear feeds his anger. That's where his anger comes from," he explains. "He's terrified. Everyone's trying to kill him. He wakes up in a different state so he doesn't know where he is or what's going on."
3. Catch the red eye: "Get a good lens tech. They put red contacts in," Giuntoli says. "You couldn't really see that well though. It was like the eternal winter. It was always dark."
9 Shows on the bubble -- which will survive?
4. Loosen up! "You've got to stretch before a zombie scene because you're not just going to be a zombie doing office work," he says. "You're going to be in a fight. You don't need to be strong to do fight scenes; you need to be limber. I'm neither of those."
5. Get ready to rumble: We reiterate that Grimm zombies are excellent fighters. Not only did Zombie Nick take on that whole bar by himself, but we'll see in Friday's episode that Nick squares off against his Scooby gang again, including Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) in full-Blutbad mode. "It gets physical. There's a huge makeout session between all of us," Giuntoli jokes. "And then Standards & Practices came in and said, 'Make it a fight scene.'"
Grimm airs Fridays at 9/8c on NBC.