New Glee Season 4 Posters: New York Takes a Bite out of Rachel! But Where Is Quinn?
Will New York swallow poor little Rachel Berry (Lea Michele) whole?
That's the question posed by Glee's new Season 4 poster, revealed by co-creator Ryan Murphy on — where else? — Twitter Thursday.
In a nod to the show's Season 1 ad campaign, Kate Hudson, who plays Rachel's tough-as-nails new NYADA teacher puts the "L" in "glee" over the head of a very scared-looking Rachel. (And you thought her fashion sense couldn't get any worse than Season 1, right? Wrong! Hello, ugly statue of liberty headwear!) The tagline for the poster says it all: "Sometimes the Big Apple bites."
Glee first look: Sarah Jessica Parker's first scene and Kurt's new 'do!
The second poster for the new season, a group shot including both returning favorites and fresh faces, highlights the many new directions the New Directions members are heading for this year. The poster also brought several burning questions for the season ahead:
1. Where is Quinn (Dianna Agron)?! The Yale-bound ex-Cheerio is nowhere to be found on this poster so are we to assume she'll be back later rather than sooner? On the upside, she went through about six seasons of major drama (pregnancies, break-ups, crazy car accidents, oh my!) so we would like to think that Quinn is enjoying college classes and pre-game keggers completely stress-free.
2. Is Brittana, like, completely dunzo? Last we saw the two lovebirds, there was little talk of just how they would handle their physical separation come September, but if the distance between them in this poster is any indication, things are not looking good. This report about Brittany lying face down on her bed also doesn't give us much hope.
Glee's first Season 4 trailer features Kate Hudson, Glee Project alum
3. Did Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) finally grow a backbone? We love the girl but it was hard for her to hold her ground in the choir room with big personalities like Rachel, Mercedes and Santana always taking up all the oxygen in the room. But now that Tina is a senior, will she morph into the natural-born leader Rachel tried to help her become at the end of last year? We sure hope so!
4. Where is Finn (Cory Monteith) going?! Producers have been particularly tight-lipped about Finn's army plans all summer, and since the poster doesn't seem to mention any destination for Finn in particular, the guessing game continues. Also, why no fatigues?
The hot summer songs Glee should do in Season 4
5. Are Marley and Kitty the new Rachel and Quinn? Marley (Rachel Benoist) is standing right smack in the center of the poster and Kitty (Becca Tobin) is very clearly wearing a Cheerios uniform. Will Kitty also be Sue's new right-hand woman? Maybe Becky should watch her back!
6. Will motherhood change Sue (Jane Lynch) at all? In this photo at least, she still looks like as mean as ever.
The new season of Glee premieres on Thursday, Sept. 13 at 9/8c on Fox.