8 Scoops About Glee, The Good Wife, Vampire Diaries and More from the Emmys Red Carpet
Nina Dobrev, Alan Cumming
The Emmys red carpet isn't just about fashion: TV's hottest stars arrive with lots of scoop to unload. Stars including Emmy winner Ty Burell, Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev, Glee's Jenna Ushkowitz and The Office's Angela Kinsey unburdened themselves to TVGuide.com about such subjects as Modern Family's Thanksgiving extravaganza, multiple weddings, The Good Wife's ill-advised relationships and a naked Jason O'Mara on Terra Nova.
Modern Family dominates Emmys, Friday Night Lights surprises
1. Modern Family and some great pumpkins: Remember that Thanksgiving episode we teased? Well, the Dunphy and Pritchett families will come together for a little competition they call "pumpkin chunkin'." "There's a bet: Can they launch a pumpkin the length of a football field?" executive producer Steve Levitan tells us. Why a pumpkin chunkin'? "It's something Cam used to do in his youth," Emmy winner Ty Burell says, adding that this episode will also feature Book of Morman's Josh Gad as a former neighbor who was obsessed with Phil.
2. Another Office wedding: One of the Dunder Mifflinites tied the knot over the summer! "You don't see the wedding, but it's going to be alluded to," star Angela Kinney says of her character marrying State Senator Rob Lipton (Jack Coleman). So will Oscar finally clue her in on his theory that the senator is a closeted homosexual? "They have a pretty cool reveal that's going to come up," she says. "Does she know and she's OK? She's got a much better life, she's all about moving up in society, so who knows?"
3. Vampire Diaries' Damon and Elena: After Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena's big fight in the season premiere, you'd think a romance would be out of the question. Au contraire, says Nina Dobrev! "Elena is really angry with Damon right now, but he won't allow her to be angry with him for very long. He will make sure to get in her good graces."
4. Parks and Recreation's missing person: Just because Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari) got a new job, that doesn't mean we'll be seeing less of our favorite cunning linguist. "Just like with Ann Perkins, who was a nurse but was always at the Parks Department, Tom, who works at Entertainment 720, is always at the Parks Department. He keeps coming back," says Retta, who notes that we'll find out that her character Donna and Tom are actually friends out of the office. "You get to see how they are with each other. It's pretty funny."
5. Big Bang Theory's wedding woes: When the show returns, Bernadette and Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) are in full wedding planning mode, but there's a hitch in their plans. "We're dealing with the living situation," Melissa Rauch says. "We don't know if we're going to be able to get Howard out of his mother's house. She's definitely marrying Mrs. Wolowitz as well as Mr. Wolowitz, so that's the situation. I don't know if we're going to actually get him separated from his mother."
6. Nudity on Terra Nova: The series premiere of Terra Nova offers a special treat in the series premiere: a shirtless Jason O'Mara. And you won't have to wait long to see that hot bod again. "You have to wait a whole week after the pilot episode for more," O'Mara jokes. "Then you have to wait a bit, so you've got to get it while it's good." Despite saying there's no mandate for him to be half-naked in every episode, the Irish actor takes his nudity seriously... sort of. "I'm so sick of chicken breasts and boiled vegetables, I can't tell you. I'm so sick of getting up at 5 a.m. to work out before the shoot. It's been tough."
Check out all the fashions from the Emmy red carpet
7. Glee's senioritis: With most of New Directions heading off to college next year, one of the few juniors is feeling the pressure. Tina will have to meet Mike Chang's seriously strict parents this year. "They don't really approve of her. She's a distraction to him, so it'll be a struggle for them and we'll see if they last through it," Jenna Ushkowitz tells us.
8. The Good Wife's rocky relationships: We already know Eli Gold's estranged wife (Parker Posey) will be joining the show, but Alan Cumming dishes that their relationship is "prickly." We're guessing this is what drives Eli to do this: "I'm going to have a lot of ill-judged relationships," he says.