Miss Kay and Phil Robertson
Can the Robertsons pull off a wedding? That's the big question on the Season 4 premiere of Duck Dynasty (Wednesday, 10/9c), in which Willie, Jeb, Jase and their wives surprise Phil and Miss Kay with a proper wedding for their anniversary.
Check out these five teasers about key moments from the Season 4 premiere:
1. Why a wedding? Upon hearing that her in-laws never had a proper marriage ceremony and instead were wed by a justice of the peace, Willie's wife Koriedecides that a formal celebration would be the perfect present. Her husband, however, is less than enthused. "There are some things you only want to do once, and helping Korie plan a wedding is one of them. Trust me," Willie says.
(Not-so) guilty pleasure shows: Duck Dynasty and more
2. How is this different from any other anniversary? Miss Kay reveals that Phil only ever remembers three days a year — duck season, Christmas and Easter. So what's her strategy for celebrating birthdays and anniversaries? Tune in to find out.
3. Si's trip down memory lane: While the rest of the Robertsons are busy setting up for the ceremony, Si is tasked with distracting Phil and Kay. And he makes quite a convincing case for being up to the task by reminding his family members, "I survived 'Nam." Unfortunately, the "trip down memory lane" Si's planned as a diversion is a little misguided, thanks to his less-than-crystal recollections of certain events. And all Phil wants is some ice cream.
Duck Dynasty Christmas album in the works
4. Meet Alan! The Season 4 premiere introduces a previously unseen member of the family — oldest brother Alan, a pastor who's brought in to officiate the ceremony and who is, according to Willie, "the perfectly shorn black sheep of the Robertsons." His lack of a beard inspires wistfulness in the Robertson wives.
5. Who does Phil choose as his best man? In this clip from the premiere, Phil's tasked with picking a best man, and Willie is pretty sure he's the frontrunner for the job. Does he get it? Suffice it to say, Phil's final decision surprises everyone!
Will you tune in to the Duck Dynasty wedding? Quack now or forever hold your peace!
Duck Dynasty airs Wednesdays at 10/9c on A&E.