Did Whip-Its Send Demi Moore to the Hospital?
A day after news of Demi Moore's trip to the hospital broke, TMZ is reporting that whip-its were to blame.
Moore's friend called paramedics late Monday after the actress reportedly inhaled a dangerous amount of nitrous oxide. When emergency workers arrived at the scene, the friend told them Moore had been doing whip-its, a cheap type of nitrous oxide inhalant usually abused by young adults.
Demi Moore rushed to the hospital, now seeking professional help
The whip-its apparently caused Moore, 49, to go into semi-consciousness and experience seizure-like symptoms, according to TMZ.
Since her trip to the hospital, Moore has dropped out of the upcoming film Lovelace to focus on her health. "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health," a rep for the actress said in a statement Tuesday. "She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
Moore announced her divorce from husband Ashton Kutcher in November, after more than six years of marriage.