Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand

A trio of stars has quit Discovery's Deadliest Catch, a week after the network sued two of them, claiming breach of contract, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Brothers and Capts. Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand said in a statement Tuesday that they were unable to continue the show due to the ongoing litigation, in which Discovery accused the duo of not doing work on a planned special. Capt. Sig Hansen, who was not sued, is leaving the adventures series as well, in support of the Hillstrands.

Check out photos from Deadliest Catch

"We have been through a lot over the past year and unfortunately given the current situation with Discovery we are unable to continue participating in Deadliest Catch,'" the three said in a joint statement. "It has been a fantastic ride, and we wish the best to all of the amazing and supportive Catch fans we have met over the years."

A call and e-mail to Discovery was not immediately returned.

Last Wednesday, the network sued the Hillstrands for $3 million, claiming that they did not complete work on a planned Catch spin-off, Hillstranded. The brothers said last week that the lawsuit was an extortion attempt by the network.

Deadliest Catch to air Capt. Phil Harris' last voyage and possibly his last days

Hansen, captain of the Northwestern, has been on Catch since the first season in 2005. The Hillstrands, captains of the Time Bandit, joined in Season 2. Their exits means Catch has lost four captains this year: Capt. Phil Harris died in February.

Production on the seventh season of Deadliest Catch is set to begin next month.