To help make up for the loss of Larry Hagman's J.R. Ewing, TNT's Dallas is raising the stakes for its third season, which premieres Feb. 24. "We open with Bobby at the Ewing cemetery looking at the graves of J.R., Miss Ellie and Jock, saying, 'I guess I'm the only one left now,'" reveals executive producer Cynthia Cidre. "'I hope not to disappoint you.'" One thing seems clear: With the following story lines in the works, Dallas is aiming to satisfy fans.
- Expect a pregnancy, a shooting, a death and another Southfork wedding, which will feature the return of Lucy (Charlene Tilton), Ray (Steve Kanaly) and Afton (Audrey Landers).
- Bobby (Patrick Duffy) and Ann (Brenda Strong) will see their marriage tested, which could lead him to stray, either with a familiar face from the past (Priscilla Presley's Jenna Wade?) or a lovely newcomer.
- Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe) will hook up with Heather, a sexy rancher played by 90210 bad girl AnnaLynne McCord. "Christopher stumbles upon Heather in a fight with another ranch hand, who turns out to be her ex-husband," says executive producer Michael M. Robin.
- Viewers will meet the new big bad, Joaquin, the mysterious Mexican compound dweller referenced in last season's finale. "He will be helping Elena [Jordana Brewster] on her revenge path," says Robin.
- Sue Ellen (Linda Gray) discovers John Ross (Josh Henderson) has been unfaithful, sparking memories of J.R.'s cheating ways and leading her back to the bottle. Despite initial concerns about a relapse plot, Gray "is into it," says Cidre, who teases that Sue Ellen's struggle will climax in a midseason cliffhanger similar to one of the original series' memorable season enders.
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!