Conan O'Brien

While late-night fans wait for a possible deal between Conan O'Brien and Fox, we know what O'Brien's next gig won't be.

The ousted Tonight Show host turned down an offer from CBS to host the 64th annual Tony Awards on June 13, his reps told Entertainment Weekly.

Fox affiliates chairman: "There's nothing definitive on Conan"

O'Brien, 46, reportedly said no because of his exit deal with NBC, which restricts him from certain activities until Sept. 1. Although the longtime Late Night host is allowed to appear on TV after May 1, he is not allowed to talk negatively about his former network.

Hosting the Tonys would also likely conflict with O'Brien's "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour," which runs from April 12 through June 14.

As for O'Brien's highly anticipated return to late-night, a deal with Fox sounds far from complete, despite the network's publicized interest in O'Brien. "To the best of my knowledge, no pressure has been asserted on any Fox affiliates [by the network]," Fox affiliates Chairman Bill Brady told Broadcasting & Cable earlier this month. "There's nothing definitive on Conan right now."