Charlie Sheen

Charlie Sheen says he has "a lot of work to do to be able to return the support I have received from so many people."

"I want to say 'thank-you' to my fellow cast members, the crew of Two and a Half Men, and everyone at CBS and Warner Bros., especially Les Moonves and Bruce Rosenblum for their concern and support," Sheen said Wednesday from rehab. "And to my fans, your good wishes have touched me very much. Like Errol Flynn, who had to put down his sword on occasion, I just want to say, 'thank-you.'"

Two and a Half Men goes on hiatus as Charlie Sheen heads to rehab

Last week, Sheen was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles with what his rep described as "severe abdominal pains." The 45-year-old actor was released from the hospital later that day. Sheen checked into rehab Friday, which forced CBS to place network television's highest-rated sitcom on production hiatus.

CBS, which expressed concern for Sheen's health and well-being, has a contingency plan should the Two and a Half Men star be in rehab for an extended time. The network ordered two additional episodes of Mike & Molly as well as Rules of Engagement to fill the void.

911 call: Charlie Sheen "very, very intoxicated," doctor says

In a 911 recording released Wednesday by the Los Angeles Fire Department, a caller identifying himself as Dr. Paul Nassif of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills said Sheen was "very, very intoxicated" and "apparently in a lot of pain."

"All I know is I got a secretary who called and said [Sheen's] in severe pain and is intoxicated," Nassif said to the dispatcher. "He said he's very worried but he said don't call anybody ... These people were afraid to call."