A hearing on a possible plea deal for Charlie Sheen has been delayed until July, according to The Associated Press.
Prosecutors in Aspen, Colo., said they needed more time to work out the agreement over domestic-violence charges. The charges, including menacing, criminal mischief and assault, stem from Sheen's Christmas Day arrest after a dispute with wife Brooke Mueller.
Agreement reached in Charlie Sheen case, prosecutor says
The Two and a Half Men star, 44, had reached a deal to plead guilty to misdemeanor assault, Yale Galanter, Mueller's attorney, told the AP. The deal would include a 30-day jail sentence and would allow Sheen to leave during the day to work at a local theater company, according to Galanter.
Charlie Sheen returning to Two and a Half Men
Although Two and a Half Men producers previously said that Sheen's jailtime would not affect the show's production schedule, it is unknown now whether this delay will push back shooting for the series' eighth season, which is expected to resume production in August, according to Deadline.com.
The office of Sheen's attorney, Richard Cummins, declined to comment. Sheen is due back in court on July 12.