American Idol: Who Made It to the Finals?
With little fanfare, American Idol got right down to business on Thursday night, when the 10 finalists of Season 12 were revealed.
Host Ryan Seacrest revealed the finalists one by one backstage, starting with the guys and then the ladies. He escorted each one to the stage so that the judges — Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson — and the live audience could see who was sent through, and every contestant also got to perform a victory song. (So, for those keeping track at home, that's how the show managed to stretch essentially reading 10 names to 90 minutes of programming.)
Can you believe they dated?! Hollywood's strangest couples
The biggest surprise of the evening? No wild card. But, according to Seacrest, viewers can vote for their favorite contestants among those dismissed, and next week there will be a sing-off between the top two for a spot on the Idol tour. Will more hopefuls also be added to the pool of 10 next week? We'll have to wait and see.
Here's a rundown of the finalists in order, plus their victory songs:
1. Paul Jolley — Heart, "Alone"
2. Burnell Taylor — India.Arie, "Ready to Love"
3. Curtis Finch — John Legend, "So High"
4. Devin Velez — Israel Houghton, "The Power of One"
5. Lazaro Arbos — Simon and Garfunkel, "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
6. Janelle Arthur — Dierks Bentley, "Home"
7. Candice Glover — Mary J. Blige, "I'm Goin' Down"
8. Angie Miller — Beyonce, "I Was Here"
9. Amber Holcomb — Whitney Houston, "I'm Every Woman"
10. Kree Harrison — Susan Tedeschi, "Evidence"
So, did voters make the right call? Who were the biggest surprises? And will you miss Aubrey, Tenna, Breanna, Zoanette, Adriana, Elijah, Vincent, Nick, Cortez and Charlie? Sound off below!