This could be the end of an era.
Susan Lucci has turned down an offer to continue starring on All My Children when the soap opera moves online, Deadline.com reports.
According to the site, Prospect Park, the company that acquired the rights to bring All My Children and One Life to Live to the Web, offered the soap vet the same salary she has been making, but negotiations have fallen apart. Deadline says Lucci asked for more money and lighter work hours, along with securing a role on a primetime TV series. (Prospect Park also produces USA's Royal Pains.)
Susan Lucci on All My Children's last day, the big cliffhanger and her future online
Last week, Lucci told TVGuide.com that she did hope to continue with the soap. "My heart is there," said Lucci, who has played Erica Kane since 1970. "I think it's a very, very exciting possibility. I think that Prospect Park, the men involved there, have a wonderful, successful track record ... It could be very exciting."
Lucci lashes out at ABC execs for the death of AMC in a bonus epilogue that will be included in the upcoming paperback edition of her autobiography, All My Life. "I think our being in this position is the result of some very bad decisions by you," she wrote, addressing ABC head of daytime Brian Frons.
Susan Lucci blasts ABC head of daytime for demise of All My Children
The news comes on the heels of One Life to Live stars Ted King, Michael Easton, Kassie DePaiva and Erika Slezak signing deals to continue on their soap when it moves online.
One Life to Live will air its ABC finale in January, while All My Children will sign off Sept. 23. Both are expected to debut online early next year.
Representatives for Prospect Park and Lucci did not immediately respond to TVGuide.com's request for comment.
What do you think of an All My Children without Lucci? Will you still watch? Let us know below.