ABC Midseason: Castle Storms Monday, Cupid Targets Tuesday, and More Dancing
The latest salvo in ABC's multi-pronged midseason announcement details the premiere dates for four new series, while leaving the fates of three "lame ducks" in question.
What's New That We Now Know:
• Lest the parquet actually cool off, Season 8 of Dancing with the Stars will premiere Monday, March 9, at 8 pm/ET.
• Castle, starring Nathan Fillion as a mystery novelist who assists a female NYPD detective (Stana Katic), will air Mondays at 10 pm, starting March 9.
• Cupid, in which Bobby Cannavale and Sarah Paulson (hope to) pick up where Jeremy Piven and Paula Marshall left off in 1999, will call Tuesdays-at-10 home, as of March 24.
• The Unusuals, starring the disparate likes of Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia), Harold Perrineau (Lost) and Adam Goldberg as NYPD detectives, reports for duty Wednesday, April 8, at 10 pm.
Other Notes of Interest:
• The Bachelor premieres Monday, Jan. 5, with a two-hour special. It's followed by the debut of Tyra Banks' True Beauty. Samantha Who? returns with fresh episodes on the 12th.
• On Tuesdays, starting Jan. 6, both According to Jim (at 8 pm) and Scrubs (at 9) will air episodes in batches of two.
• Ramping up to Lost's three-hour Season 5 premiere on Jan. 21 will be a rebroadcast of last year's final three hours, airing the night of Jan. 14.
What We Still Don't Know:
• Where/when will Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money air the last of their Season 2 episodes? Right now, the only "vacancy" is a "TBA" slot in front of Lost, Wednesdays at 8, and ABC isn't about to handicap its heavy hitter with a lightweight lead-in. (Read more about Daisies and Dirty Sexy in this Wednesday's Mega Buzz.)