12 Ways Mad Men Could Still Jump the Shark
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
With critical praise, a growing audience, and plenty of awards, Mad Men is going strong now. But no show is safe from jumping the shark. Here are just a few developments that could end Mad Men's smooth ride:
1. Flash-forward to 1986
2. Season 4 is about Betty's attempts to perfect her three-bean casserole
3. New client: Crocs
4. Theme song is replaced with "Eye of the Tiger"
5. Sally gets speech therapist
6. Joan starts wearing pantsuits
7. Peggy and Pete's baby is Daniel Faraday
8. Costume budget slashed
9. Roger is born again
10. Sal stays in the closet; Don comes out
11. Pete and Cosgrove settle their differences with break dancing contest
12. Not only is Don secretly Dick Whitman, but Dick Whitman is secretly a Russian spy
What other missteps would derail the show?