Carrie Ann Inaba
Hope everyone is doing well and having a fun pre-Emmy week like I am. The Emmys are almost here!!!!!!!!!! Have you all chosen your dress to wear at home? It doesn't have to be quite as glamorous as the ones we wear when we walk the Red Carpet, but why not make a day of it? Invite your friends over and get dressed up! Put on the lashes, the tanning cream, the heels (well, forget the heels, you don't need to wear them), get your hair done and then grab a container of popcorn and join Chris and me as we take you right into the excitement that is the EMMYS!
I always think it's more fun when you have someone to turn to and say "wow look at that dress," or "wow, he's so tall in person," or "wow, look at her body — looks fantastic!" ...Or when you ask, "Hmm, I wonder why she chose that?" Well, we'll take you through the Red Carpet fashion and then on Monday night after the Emmys, we'll recap on my new show, Emmy Fashion Wrap with Carrie Ann Inaba. We will go through everyone's fashion on the Red Carpet at the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards. By the way, did you know that we are the "OFFICIAL RED CARPET" for the Emmys? CBS doesn't have their own pre-show so that wonderful honor goes to us! It's official, we are official! And if you're not into dressing up, wear your PJ's and get comfortable because it's going to be a fun night!
OK, today I want to share with you some of the people I am so excited to interview! And, I'd love to hear from you who you want me to interview and some of the questions you may have. So send me some thoughts and tweets! If we can, we'll squeeze a few twitter questions in on the actual show so send some good ones in! You can contact me on Twitter @carrieanninaba. Tweet your thoughts and questions for all the celebrities on the Red Carpet.
CARRIE ANN'S LIST of DREAM INTERVIEWS.....
- Glenn Close and Rose Byrne. I love the show Damages! I am truly addicted. My boyfriend and I stayed up until 5:00 AM the other night watching all the DVDs. I had no idea of the time and didn't care; I just had to go from episode to episode. It felt like it was still early, but we had spent the whole night watching the DVDs. If you haven't seen this show, you will love it when you do. It grabs you and doesn't let go!
- Hugh Laurie, who plays Dr. House on House. I don't get to watch his show as much as I'd like to since his show airs opposite DWTS. His character is fascinating and one of the most attractive men on television — he's complicated, difficult, genius and determined. Hmmmm....sounds like some ex-boyfriends I've had. :) Of course, he's not quite as complicated as Bruno : ), and not as dapper as Len, but he's fascinating to me. Who doesn't love a doctor who can solve anything that comes his way?
- Drew Barrymore. I think she is darling! Such a cutie and such a bright spirit...She was absolutely fascinating as Little Edie in Grey Gardens. What an interesting movie.... it stars both Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange — both nominated in their category and both wonderful.
- Mariska Hargitay. I am such a fan of how she carries herself. She is so poised, classy and beautiful. She had one of my favorite looks from last year's show in a yellow Caroline Herrera dress. I am considering my job at TV Guide Network as my journey into fashion. She's one of those women who, I think, understands herself so well and really knows who she is and it translates into her fashion choices.
- Toni Collette. I adore her character, or should I say characters, on United States of Tara. She's so convincing as all of them — and I know she sings in a rock band as well with her husband. I think that's pretty impressive and I have to say, as a closet singer (I started my career as a singer in Japan, but left it all behind to focus on my dancing career), I admire and respect people who continue their other interests in their lives outside of their main career. The question is: How do they balance it all?
Honorable mentions: Steve Martin, Justin Timberlake, Alan Alda, Gena Rowlands, Shirley MacLaine, and Kevin Bacon & Kyra Sedgwick (my favorite couple).
That's all for now, I have to review my cards and my script! You should see my binders. They are huge! It's like being back in school again. And I'm loving every minute of it!
See you on the Red Carpet...stay tuned for more.
Carrie Ann Inaba and Chris Harrison host TV Guide Network's live Red Carpet coverage of the 61st Primetime Emmy® Awards on Sunday, September 20th at 6/5c.
Tweet Emmys red carpet fashion with us! Use #TVGEmmys