Carrie Ann Inaba Shares Her Pre-Emmy Checklist
Carrie Ann Inaba
First of all, I want to say that I am very excited to be hosting this year's Emmy Awards red carpet on TV Guide Network! I can't wait to talk to the stars from this year's hottest shows. So far, I have been spending a lot of time getting ready for the Emmys, so here is my 10-item checklist of things I need to do before the big day. For those of you watching at home — it isn't easy getting ready for the Emmys!
1. Get an Oxygen Facial. This is an great facial that helps to exfoliate, cleanse, and hydrate the skin. It's amazing!
2. Get a manicure and pedicure. I have learned as a dancer that nice nails help elongate the arms and create a very nice line. And you can't forget about your toes!
3. Study! I have a five-inch wide binder full of information on all of the people I will be interviewing on the red carpet! On top of that, I have watched every single television show, miniseries and film that is nominated.
4. Practice saying all of the designers' names. These designers work really hard to make the best looks on the carpet, so I want to make sure they get their credit.
5. In-home tanning. But not as dark as the Dancing with the Stars dancers! I recently just tried this for the first time, and it gave my skin a nice healthy glow. Since I have had no time to go to the beach, it is a must.
6. Read all the latest tabloids. On top of all my studying, I have been reading all the tabloids so I know what news is currently reported. I want to make sure I am up to date with all of my info!
7. Final dress fitting. Lloyd Klein is customizing a special dress just for me to wear to the Emmys. I'm not giving anything away, though. You will have to tune in to see it.
8. Pick out jewelry and shoes. Picking the right jewelry can make or break an outfit, and I need to have super comfortable shoes since I am going to be on my feet for a long time!
9. Final-look practice session. I have a great hair and makeup team. The day before the Emmys, we are going to decide on hair and makeup to make sure it compliments my dress and accessories.
10. Finally, I am going to give my cats a big kiss for good luck!
Send me your thoughts and questions on Twitter @carrieanninaba or on my Facebook page. And check back Thursday for my next blog!
Carrie Ann Inaba and Chris Harrison host TV Guide Network's live red carpet coverage of the 61st Primetime Emmy® Awards on Sunday, Sept. 20th at 6/5c.
Tweet Emmys red carpet fashion with us! Use #TVGEmmys